At Awards Unlimited, we believe that for our communities to continue to grow and improve, we need individuals who look beyond themselves and contribute on a regular basis. To support educators in nurturing such characteristics in youth, in 2009 we created the custom Helping Hand Award to recognize high school students who lend a helping hand at school and in the community. Using the criteria of the nomination form to assist in the selection, the school is in full control of which of their students deserves to receive this award.
The recipient should show strengths in areas such as citizenship, sportsmanship, and/or leadership. His or her life should depict many of the following values:
Benefits of this program include:
- We will donate one custom acrylic award annually to any high school, public or private, in the Edmonton area, who submits a request to Awards Unlimited.
- One $500 scholarship will be given annually to a Helping Hand Award recipient. Information from the nomination form will be used in the selection process. Read about the 2021 scholarship recipient.
- Each Helping Hand Award recipient this school year will be considered, whether submitted for a spring or fall celebration. The 2021-2022 school year recipient will be chosen by November 30, 2022, after all schools have the opportunity to submit nomination forms.
- The student does not have to be attending post-secondary training to receive the award.
- Awards Unlimited reserves the right to use the name and photo of the recipient in online and print promotions of this program.
- We will donate an annual plaque to the school and update it annually, to keep a history of those honoured for years to come.
- In addition, participating schools will be entered to win a 72-hour rental of "Victor", our 6.5 ft. Gold Achievement Statue for display and photo-shoots at your awards event or banquet. Give your students the real "star" treatment!
- Winning school will be notified by November 30, 2022. Good for use by December 15, 2023.
- Chances of winning depend on number of schools participating. Retail value: $249.
- Transportation is the responsibility of the winning school. A refundable security deposit may be required.
Thank you to the dedicated educators for taking the time to tell us about the outstanding accomplishments of these youth, and for showing them the way!